Re: [seul-edu] It's quiet--_too_ quiet.

Doug Loss wrote:

> I hope the recent lack of messages on this mailing list means that
> we're all so busy with our various educational projects for Linux that
> we don't have time to post messages.  Somehow, I doubt that that's the
> case.  We're overdue for status updates from our various project
> leaders; could you folks let us know how things stand with your efforts?

Here is a quick summary of the progress we are making in the Open Book
Project:

We have two completed html versions of Allen Downy's wonderful
introductory Computer Science book, "How to Think Like a Computer
Scientist"

http://yhspatriot.yorktown.arlington.k12.va.us/obp/thinkCS/

and I have finished four chapters of the Python version.  I am using the
C++ version with my AP class and the Python version with my Computer
Science classes.  This is truly a wonderful introductory computer
science text.  I highly encourage everyone to take a look at it.

The really cool thing is that this whole experience confirms that the
GPL works as well for content as it does for code.  I never could have
put together a text book like this on my own, but with Allen's other
books as usable source, I am capable of translating and modifying the
book for use with Python.

Well, back to work.

jeff elkner