(FWD) Re: [seul-edu] Re: Thanks to VA Linux

----- Forwarded message from owner-seul-edu@seul.org -----

Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 18:46:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Joseph S. Arruda" <joseph@valinux.com>
To: seul-edu@seul.org
Subject: Re: [seul-edu] Re: Thanks to VA Linux

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Dave Prentice wrote:

> All:
> Some weeks back I asked about a good book for network details. Whoever z@valinux.com is, a million thanks to you and your company!

Don't thank me, thank the community writ large.  I'm just a mouthpiece.

> I got the box today. I was only expecting one book, but you sent a lot
> of great goodies. I will try to put them to good use.
>     I have been using Redhat 6.2 and was planning to upgrade to 7.0. However, since you sent Debian, I was wondering: is it better for a classroom network?

Matter of preference.  I am more of a SuSe and mostly a VALE (Red Hat with
VA Linux Enhancements - my obvious bias) but have dabbled with Debian. I
like it but its not a beginners distro in my opinion.

Joseph E. Arruda	|	www.valinux.com
Corporate Alchemist	|	sourceforge.net
VA Linux Systems	|	www.osdn.com
z@valinux.com		|	www.linux.com