Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: help me with this error message please]

You've left out a lot of detail needed for a full answer (what floppy, for
example - I don't think standard RH ships an xterminal floppy), bt let me at
least answer your specific questions.

1. Yes, the xterminal should look for "the existing DHCP server" ...
assuming it uses DHCP. The error message you quote refers to BOOTP and RARP
... older protocols that your DHCP server may not be supporting (or if it
does, it may not have an entry for this xterminal - both bootp and rarp
require a specific entry for the MAC address of each supported device).

2. The later messages report an inability of the xterminal to mount via NFS
some directory. Since I don't know which xterminal setup you are using, I
can only guess that this is a remote-mounted root directory for the
xterminal. RPC is the portmapper daemon, used for NFS mounts.

To give more specific help, we need more specific information about what you
are attempting.

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com