Re: [seul-edu] .edu .net .org .com

If you are in the US you belong under the X.k12.TwoLetterStateCode.us
domain

Private schools are also under this umbrella

your domain reg is also free this way.

you can find contact info for your domain space at

http://www.nic.us/

We are an elementary district that back in 94 decided to register under
.org

you can do this but I wouldn't go that route again

The arguement at the time was that being a second level (term may be
wrong) was theoretically more stabel than having to depend on all three
levels (k12,  your state,  and us) of nameservers to resolve your domain.

We haven't seen any difference ever with our fellow districts in this
county.

I'd like to change our domain from

oxnardsd.org
oxnard.k12.ca.us

but of course some of our users love the .org  it tends to make your
domain name shorter.

hope that helps

--
Dan Kubilos