Re: [seul-edu] Red Escolar status

If you remember I made a personal visit to Guadalajara in August, they
were having major hardware compatibility problems in the state of
Jalisco. However I visited one of the primary schools and it was up and
running Linux. I was surprised becuase the teacher did not have any
printed resources or any help, he was able to figure it out on his own,
pretty much the same way I am at our school.

I have tried to write to them to follow up , but no one replies. I will
be returing to Guadalajara in November and will see if I can get more
details.

I'm interested in their work becuase at the South San Francisco Adult
Education Center, we offer computer classes in Spanish, and I was
thinking of running their CD install in our classes.
http://redesc.linux.org.mx/iso/

I will give it a try and see if it works for me. I will keep trying to
get more details, and will share them with you when I find out.

Emilio