Re: [seul-edu] Presentation Software

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 04:00:44PM +0100, Luis Miguel Tavora wrote:
> - could easily incorporate (heavy?) math formulas + charts

KPresenter should be able to do this if you have all of the elements of KOffice.

My preference personally, though I don't use animations (useless impressardry, imho), is
to output PS/PDF/TeX, etc using TexMacs. Texmacs is specifically designed for mathematical
formatting.

Of course, if you're thinking of using animations for the actual equations, etc, I'm
really not sure what to tell you on that.

Note: TeXmacs uses Guile scripting; you could potentially write a simple plugin that
did mathematical presentations and possibly even something that animated the mathematical
processes. Potentially, I say, as I haven't hugely explored the full potential of the
scripting system.

--Nate
"But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to
God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that
diligently seek Him" --The Bible -- Hebrews 11:6

ruberpaw@ptdprolog.net www.rubberpaw.com
Learn Web Design!   www.designharbor.org www.sitepoint.com
Use Free Software!  www.linux.com www.gnu.org www.tuxedo.org/~esr/
Play Open Racer! openracer.worldforge.org
Lancaster PA Linux Users Group!  www.lancaster-linux.org