Re: [seul-edu] MS offer: open document standards

The trick is to come off as professional as possible while making
them come to you.  Certainly if they are willing to guarentee in
writing 5 year support contracts down to the most insignificant
detail absolutely free, you could then do something along the lines
of:

1. majority still linux
2. a few winboxes for 'interoperability' (teach Samba) or for the
few polugins/oddities that you may need win for (some schools use
thinsg like Interwoven or other specialized software, and certainly
at that point you are using MS to subsidize those costs which would
might have to incur anyway, and maintaining the bulk of your
infrastructure on Linux.  getting them to agree in writing with no
exclusion clauses would put the burden on them...)

Joseph Estevao Arruda           |       zeruch.deviantart.com
Meme Bender & Pundit @ large    |       z@precog.com
"The only thing I value less than your existence is your opinion" -z