[seul-edu] Re: Slowest Computers Useful For

Hi Doug,

It depends largely on what the role of the server is. For file and print
services the bottleneck in performance seems to be the "spinning iron".
(More spindles = Better). For other stuff which would have a large "memory
fingerprint", more would definitely be better. Only experience will
dictate in the middle ground between terminal service for X (Large
Demands) and the simple demands of moderate file/print/web/mail
services.(Very small demands; depending on numbers of users...3000 mail
users will make a difference vs my 3-400 running on a 486-66)

Les R.