Project update time - GGB

Hello everyone,
    Sorry I've been silent on the mailing list.  A lot of good things have
been happening in my life lately that have been slowing down development of
GnomeGradeBook.  GGB still hasn't been released because my original
development efforts were overly ambitious.  I started by writing a lot of
GTK front-end code and nice layout stuff but the backend to support the
gradebook needs to be done completely differently.  At first glance a
Gradebook doesn't sound terribly difficult but multiple students organized
into multiple classes taught by multiple professors while still recording
grades can become difficult.
    My original efforts revolved around a simpler backend but as I tried to
increase the complexity of the backend it only broke a lot of vital code.
My new efforts are going to be building a nice stable backend which will be
able to run from a shell.  Once when I have all the wonderful features I
need for the gradebook to be functional, I will implement my nice gtk
front-end I have already created.
    I will eventually have something working the way it is suppossed to
work, but it might take me a while to sort out how to write the core of the
program.  I have a plan and have been working on it off and on.

Bradley Burnside
bradley@voyager.net