Re: Major interview

Trevor or Ellen --

Since you've identified yourself as a potential school **customer** for
Linux (so far, the only one participating in this thread), I wonder if you
might address from your own standpoint a question that is being discussed.
The general question is the relative merits of encouraging EdSoft developers
to port their (proprietary, fee based) applications to Linux, versus relying
on the Open Source/free software community to create the needed apps and
distribute them at no charge.

You also wrote:

>I do not like the balck hole for money that microsoft creates for schools .

This prompts me to ask: do you need the applications to be free of charge?
If not, what kind of price do you think would be reasonable?

At 09:26 PM 9/3/99 +1200, Trevor & Ellen Witt wrote:

>Not sure if this is any use but i am a teacher and a principal of a small
>elementary school in NZ.
[rest of message deleted]

Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603    	 	        ray@comarre.com