My gradebook for Linux

Well, just to bring everyone up to date I should have a webpage by the
middle or late next week so everyone can download it.  However, it is not
yet useable and I do not expect it to be usabel for general purpose grade
keeping for a few weeks.  I meant to do quite a bit of work on it last
night, however I got side tracked.  The case for my new dual processor
system came in and of course I had to assemble everything.  Have dual 400Mhz
Celeron socket 370's and have been able to overclock them to 510Mhz with no
problems....a little work and Ill have 600Mhz out of each processor soon.

Which brings up another little topic.  Seems my school likes to buy the
nearly top of the line stuff.  Here at my workstation Ive got a 400Mhz
Pentium II with 128 MB of RAM and photo quality color inkhet printer
etc......  Is all that necessary?  Most teachers I know only use their
workstation for two reasons, email and wordprocessing.  Why do they do this?
Seems a waste of money but someone keeps telling schools they MUST have the
top of the line systems.  Who is telling them this and why are they
listening.  For the price they paid for my workstation they could have got
three 300Mhz Celeron systems with 32MB of RAM etc.....

David Culp