Re: Digest version of seul-edu mailing list

> I didn't know who the list maintainer is, so I just wrote to
> seul-edu-owner, which is the majordomo-standard name for whoever's
> responsible for running the list.  Maybe that alias is broken for
> seul-edu?

seul-edu-owner goes to me. I read your mail and stuck it on my todo list,
which unfortunately has gotten very large lately. :(
Classes just started again, and I'm helping to teach a big class on network
and computer security, so it's eating a lot of my time.

If you give me detailed instructions on how to make the majordomo digest
happen, I'll see what I can do. I'm on a redhat 4.2 system currently.
Sorry for the delays...

> > Roger, this sounds like a good idea.  Can we set up a digest version for
> > folks who want their seul-edu in one great glob rather than lots of tiny
> > ones?
>
> Majordomo is very flexible about doing this, but that's mostly because
> building and mailing the digest is scheduled as a cron job.  I find
> that running the digester once a day in the early-morning hours gives
> good results by minimizing load on the host and network, and still
> gives digest readers updates often enough that they can be active
> participants in the conversation if they so desire.
>   Regards,
>     Scott

network/host load isn't an issue. The geda-dev list hammers the majordomo
server much harder than seul-edu ever will. :)

Thanks,
--Roger