XML vs DocBooks

I have heard from a parent of a student that xml would
be the way to go, but I don't know anything about it and
it seems that there are already well established doc
methods in the linux community (DocBooks is one of them)
and it does everything we need now. DocBooks seems
simple and we already have some in that format).
However, since we are just getting started we could of
course change our minds and use xml instead of docbooks.

Oppinions?  I asked for oppions before, but I didn't get
any answers so I assumed that was quiet support of
DocBooks.

Quoting Reto Stamm <Reto.Stamm@xilinx.com>:
> I don't really know how this works together with html
and paper stuff, but
> apparently XML has some feature that allows you to
quote from another
> document. The quoted material is not stored in your
document, it just
> points
> to the other document, and each time you look at your
document (or print it
> or generate it) the section from the other document is
shown to you
> (instead
> of a link). It looks like cut and paste but it's not,
and it's not a link
> either.
> Xanadu allows this as well (xanadu.com)
> and apparently there are proposed html tags floating
around.

(http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/TPUB/TranspubPoster.html)

> --
> Reto Stamm
> Know a great place? Share it! http://www.freeguide.org
> PGP Fingerprint: 6204 D857 5573 0197 6BAF  23E1 6917
A83E 8933 D606

If you find this message objectionable or of
questionable authenticity please contact
<headmaster@tasis.ch> or <support@tasis.ch>.