Re: Database for Software List

Bob,
just a thought on simplifying...

Robert Hopcroft wrote:

> I just read through all the replies and thought I would try to post a
> summary. It appears that school systems are broken down in so many
> different ways,...      ...We're really after a rating system for software
> which basically minimizes the teachers work by selecting out what is
> inappropriate namely highschool for first graders.

What if you set up the primary database as you indicated...20 categories 0 to
19, with 19 or 0 reserved as a "teaching resource to instruct teachers."

You could then base the user interface on the local structure of education
ie:  k12, age level, or some other standard format.  The user would indicate in
the initial stages such things as Country, Language, age of students, local
school level form etc...  The views the searcher sees could then be a bit more
familiar.

I know that is a bit tedious, but it can help pre-sort the items for the
individual to make searching easier..

Bill