Re: Nov. meeting with Squeak team--call for discussion

I've only seen the couple of comments that appeared early on here on the
list. Except for one small clarification I received privately, I've seen
nothing that everyone else hasn't also seen.

Probably next week, I'm going to start actually working with Squeak myself
(seems like a useful thing to do before the meeting, no?). After I've used
it a bit, I'll feel better able to pose more specific questions to the list.
For now, the best I can suggest is that anyone with actual experience using
it for something -- education-related or otherwise -- offer suggestions
about how it might be adapted for better use in schools ... probably in any
of these three areas:

        1. As a tool for teachers to develop applications that students
                will use.

        2. As a tool for students to develop applications that embody
                the non-computer skills they are learning (I suppose
                this is what everybody means by "authoring").

        3. As a tool to teach computer programming.

Of course, I'd welcome any other sorts of advice as well.

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com