Re: [seul-edu] Comprehensive Student Management System

Chris Edwards writes:
 > Yes, I agree that working to build a framework for a cross-platfrom app
 > is a good thing.  What I meant to say, and I realize now that I didn't, was
 > that it will considerably slow things down.  I have been looking carefully
 > through some of the abiword project's source to see how they do it.
 > It will also limit us to using C++ for most iif not all of the code.
 >
 > A lot of this is thinking out loud and I am glad to share my thoughts on this.
 >
 > I will be the first to admit that I am not likely to be the one working on
 > a Windows or Mac client for this.  I am not familiar with writing software
 > for either of these platfroms.  My experience is mostly with GTK+/GNOME
 > as that is what I have written and read the most of.
 >
 > What do you guys think?

If you are looking for cross-plateform GUI developpment, Python/Tk is
a very good choice. Tcl/Tk is another solution. I once develop an
application with Tcl/Tk on GNU/Linux that works as a charm on
Chinese Windows95 without changing anything expect the message in
Chinese.

Hilaire