[seul-edu] Educational Conferences

Doug:

Here are a few organizations that sponsor conferences
and publications that might provide a forum for
SEUL-Edu members.

The Association for the Advancement of Computing in
Education: http://www.aace.org. We plan to present at
the SITE conference.

The International Society for Technology in Education
(ISTE) is the largest teacher-based, nonprofit
organization in the educational technology field. Its
official mission is "to promote appropriate uses of
information technology to support and improve
learning, teaching, and administration at the K12
levels and in teacher education." http://www.iste.org

The National Association Educational Computing
Association is holding a conference in Chicago.
http://confreg.uoregon.edu/necc2001/

They also have a list of cooperating societies.
http://www.neccsite.org/html/neca_cooperating_societies.html

The Association for Computing Machinery has an
Education section with a K12 subsection.
http://www.acm.org/education/k12/

As a side note: How many other people have considered
a sort of PBS/NPR model to support Open Source
projects? Why not have the "Mc Donald's Foundation
sponsored Cafeteria Management System" just as you now
have the Ford Foundation sponsored Ken Burn special on
Baseball? We could have a PBS type organization that
could serve as the umbrella organization with sub
programs sponsored by different foundations/companies.
Maybe you end up with the Carnegie Foundation
Sponsored reading achievement program. I think it
might be a while before foundations really understand
Open Source, but it is an option to consider.

-Herbert Remidez
http://www.internetschools.org