Re: [seul-edu] Our presence Educational Technology trade shows

On Sat, 02 Sep 2000, Jim Aird wrote:

> http://www.cue.org/  is the web site.  I don't know about
> equivalents
> (state or international).  CUE is a California group.  Lots of
> space on
> their exhibitor floor too!

Going to such regional shows isn't a bad idea if we have local
members willing to staff a booth and give a presentation, and if
we can manage to cover the expenses.  I'd like to try to put in
appearances at one or even two national or international
conferences a year if we can, though.  The NECC conference in
Chicago looks promising, although I'm personally promised to
LinuxWorld Expo in NYC at the end of January.  If we can come up
with a way to have a presence at NECC I think that would be very
good.  Between VA Linux, perhaps Mandrake, and a few other
sponsors I suspect we can come up with, I think we could
probably cover the cost of a booth (and we haven't even tried to
get part or all of the expense comped yet).  Do we have any
members in the upper Midwestern US who would be interested in
staffing such a booth?  Come on, folks, step up!  It doesn't
hurt all that much, really!

--
Doug Loss           The art of medicine consists of amusing the
dloss@suscom.net    patient while nature cures the disease.