Re: [seul-edu] School Networking Guide (was: need detailed network advice)

On Sun, 3 Sep 2000 bill@mail.tasis.ch wrote:
> My offers still stand.
> 1) Cooperatively, we redefine the project.
> 2) You can take over the project.  I haven't had any recruits and my progress
> has be VERY slow.  I am ripe for a takeover.
> 3) Feel free to start a parellel effort.  The "Open Content" allows us reduce
> this but it doesn't have to.

Well,"chunk-theory" intends to be a redefinition, a take over
and done in parallel :)

I propose some exercises to the reader. Instead of chunk-based
documetation syntesis, I propose you chunk-based documentation
analisis.

Take your nearest Linux HOWTO, cut and paste a page or two,
and try to mark "chunks" and attributions inside each chunk "a la "
\indexattribute.

Then, answer these questions:
- Will it take too much time to syntetize a new doc with these chunks?
- Is it easier to think in terms of chunks?
- Can I organize the existing ideas much better using chunks ?
- Could people create such chunks ?
- Are these chunks reusable in other docs ?

We can discuss it. If Doug lets it. I think, we could get people
involved and advance much faster this way. It's a full ontopic issue.

And it's an idea that requires two step:
- spread the word
- the back of an "institution" (like Seul) to get contributors,
it's somewhat "more official".

We can build XXIst century with XXth century ideas!

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
/pyttex.htm /cruo/cruolinux.htm ICQ:77697936 (sirve el ICQ para algo?)

  senility, n.: The state of mind of elderly persons with whom one happens to disagree.