Re: [seul-edu] Our documentation discussion

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Douglas Loss wrote:
> I think I ought to say something here.  I hope no one has gotten
> the feeling that I'm trying to autocratically control this group
> (loose though we may be).  My initial response to Manuel was
> intended to try to keep this discussion of new documentation
> efforts from devolving into yet another discussion of first
> principles.  That's a very easy way to keep from accomplishing
> anything.  More than anything, we need to actually get some
> usable documentation into the hands (onto the screens) of the
> teachers who need it.

You did what you ought to do.

> Bill has put a lot of work into developing his guidelines and
> procedures for SEUL/edu documentation, and I didn't want to see
> it all thrown away casually.

Regretfully, effort in OSF sometimes may end in the basin sink,....
tell it to me !

>  SEUL/edu can't be a one man (me)
> operation or it won't function.

Seul is one of the robust groups I've seen in Linux world.

> That's why I so valued Bill's
> work on the documentation--I just can't do that bit too.  If
> Bill wants to rethink the documentation effort I support him
> wholeheartedly, but it's his child to nurture and protect.

I want that child to grow, that implies to "choose" the available
"food" for the child.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
/pyttex.htm /cruo/cruolinux.htm ICQ:77697936 (sirve el ICQ para algo?)

  Unnamed Law: If it happens, it must be possible.