[seul-edu] update: math teachers guide

I just posted some new material for the math teachers guide.

http://math.cochise.cc.az.us/math/K12/teacher_guide/outline.html

The section on Mathematics Applications has a small 'experimental'
list of lesson plans and software in a postgres database with a
PHP3 front end.

If there are any errors in the records for your software, or if
I have unintentionally left anything out, then please let me know.
If you want to change the descriptions or information for your
software in any way, then just let me know.

Contributions
-------------
There are very few LESSON PLANS that are specifically designed for
Linux applications. If this is the sort of thing that interests you,
then there seems to be a need. I would especially like to identify
some lesson plans for the 6 topics listed in the section on Basic
Skills that use console, X Windows, or Java/Javascript software.
All that I have right now are some activities involving  gnuplot,
spreadsheets, and WIMS, because that is what I am most
familiar with. The spreadsheet activities are not even Linux
spreadsheets but I have plans to adapt them for the gnumeric
spreadsheet and XESS/XESSlite.

Please keep in mind that the guide is still in a 'draft' format,
so it is rather ugly and ragged at the moment. Trying to sort
through all this material is like trying to unravel the world's
largest ball of string. The guide will have to be written and
rewritten over and over again to be useful to anyone. I'll try to
find a balance between posting unfinished material and posting
something so that people know where the project is.

Regards,

L. Prevett
Mathematics Instructor
Cochise College, Sierra Vista, AZ, US