Re: [seul-edu] NIS setup

Help, anybody!
    I am trying to enhance my classroom network, 6 old Pentiums with a 486
as the main file server. (It has more drive space, all SCSI.) Up til now I
have created user accounts on each machine. I would like to have all of them
located on the server, by using NIS or the equivalent. However, in the NIS
howto it says to recompile after deciding what directories to export. I
don't have a clue as to what directories to include, nor do I know how to
recompile the kernel. I need step-by-step instructions for this first-time
attempt. What do I do?
Thanks,
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com