Re: [seul-edu] Remote printing

Ray:
    Regarding our exchange of meaasges about my remote printing problems
last week, the Laserjet 4 is connected to the host (called "teacher") on the
parallel port. It works just fine when I print directly from teacher.
    In teacher's printcap file (created with printtool), after the comment
lines it reads:
lp:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
    :mx#0:\
    :sh:\
    :lp=/dev/lp0:\
    :if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:

In the client pc6a's printcap file (also created with printtool), after the
comment lines it reads:
lp:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
    :mx#0:\
    :rm=teacher:\
    :rp=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
    :if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:

    When I go to printtool on the client and tell it to print a test page it
says it did, but nothing ever comes across to the server. Any ideas?
    Also, re my question yesterday about what directories or files to
include for export in NIS, I have no idea which ones to specify. Can you
help me there too?
Thanks,
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com