Re: [seul-edu] Wrapup - Linux Networking Guide for Schools

At 08:41 AM 9/12/00 -0500, Techentin, Robert W. wrote:
>Sorry I'm a little late on this, but I do recall "netday.org" having a
>networking howto.  Their documents focus a lot on organizing a volunteer
>networking project, concentrating on wire installation.  See
>
>  http://www.netday.org/volunteer.htm

Perhaps you can suggest a more specific URL? The closest I can find is

        http://www.netday.org/volunteer_guide_tech.htm

described as the "Technical Issues" section of the How_To Guide, but it goes
to a content-free "under construction" page. Some of the subsidiary pages in
this section do have contrent, but it is pretty general, and a listed link
that reads: "For details on installing cable, see the NetDay Cable
Installation Guide" just takes me back to the Home Page.

These pages do seem to do their intended job ... but that job is to provide
a relatively light technical overview of issues that volunteers will get
trained on in other ways, not provide a real guide for someone trying to
figure out how to network a site independent of other help from the group.
Or am I missing something?

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com