Conference preparation [was Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: Linux Expo Toronto conferences]]

Yes, I'm responding to a three week old message.  I don't want to
hear it.

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Bill Ries-Knight wrote:

> Yes, And the IDG folks want us back for NY as well .  That
> Expo is January 30 -
> February 2, 2001, and they are finalizing thier call for
> papers as of 25 August.
> If you would like to set up  a presentation ( I wish Doug were
> availible to respond
> as well, Happy Vacation!), I can contact someone  at IDG  on
> our behalf. The online
> form is short, it asks for a bio on the presenter and a two
> hundred word abstract,
> but they really do not have a slot for education on thier
> list.
> <<http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/papers.html>>

Bill and I have signed the contract to get us a .org booth at
the New York show, and I've agreed to be on some panel dealing
with education in some form (I'm unclear on just what it's to be
about; I gather it's about advocating Linux to the educational
community.).  Eugene from Mandrake has indicated a willingness
to help us yet again.  So it's probably time to start fleshing
out what we want to present, etc.  For the moment we can discuss
that here, but when we get involved in the details we'll have to
take it private or set up a separate mailing list for show mail.

> Pete St. Onge said:
> >
> > At this point, I'd be ready to go down and make the
> presentation at the
> > Toronto expo. However, in light of the upcoming US expos, as
> well as another
> > one here in Montreal in the spring, perhaps this would be a
> good time to add
> > our previous presentations to cran somewhere so that we have
> a resource from
> > which to draw when making new presentations.

What's the status on the Toronto expo, Pete?

> > I'll be on #seul tonight (1900-2200 EDT, 0100-0400 GMT) to
> start hashing out
> > an overview for the Toronto talk, if folks want to chat.

We (Pete, Bill, Roger, me, and a few others) can often be found
via irc at cran.seul.org:7776, channel #seul.  If you want to
talk to any of us, drop in.  If we need to talk in depth about
this, we can set up a time to meet on the channel.

--
Doug Loss           The art of medicine consists of amusing the
dloss@suscom.net    patient while nature cures the disease.