[seul-edu] Re: Conference preparation

Jessica Sheffield wrote:

> Sky Events seemed to be very interested in inviting those of us who
> were on the SJC panel to any of the Linux Expos we wanted to go to,
> beginning with Linux Expo Canada in Toronto. I've emailed the lady
> who spoke with me at LWCE SJC a couple of times and she hasn't
> responded; I'm not sure where to go from there.  If anyone has any
> contacts within SkyEvents, maybe you could help me out.

Pete St. Onge has had some contacts with Sky Events.  Pete, can you take
some time away from your busy schedule of world domination and destruction
to help Jessica out?

> As far as the LWCE NY panel goes, the title is "Education and the Open
> Source Community."  My aim for the panel is to advocate some of the
> ways the community can help education, whether they be LUGS,
> individuals, or groups like SEUL.  I'm wide open for suggestions as
> to (a) how to accomplish that and (b) what other topics to include.

How is this panel to be run?  Will it be entirely taking questions from the
audience, will it be discussing topics from a moderator with the audience
listening, will the individual panelists be giving prepared presentations,
or what?  As to topics to include, you could talk about categories where
Linux software doesn't exist for education, methods of convincing current
makers of educational software to support Linux, ways to make Linux easier
to recommend, install, and support for the educational community, and ways
to help educators use Linux software in their classes.

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid