Re: [seul-edu] Re: [novalug] Re: FETC - technology and education -- FLA LUGS #3

>In the linux world it is NOT hard to UNINSTALL a program.  In an RPM based
>system such as Caldera, RedHat or Mandrake you would simple use the -e
>(for erase) feature built into the rpm executable.  There ARE graphical
>frontends that let you do this easily if you are not comfortable on the
>command line (I assume linuxconf can do it, I know that xrpm can).
As far as I know, they have not setup linuxconf to where it will install /
uninstall rpms--it is meant more for system configuration (networking and
so fortth) than for package installs / uninstalls.

The school should hire a contractor or
>full time employee to manage both the students labs AND the adminstrations
>computers [of course this manager should work with the TEACHERS to get
>them what they NEED for their courses].  Unfortunately it seems this is
>rarely done.
Generally this is because the schools may not have enough funding to assign
1 technical person to each school, instead they may have just 1 or 2 people
that deal with computers for the entire county, district or whatever.

Mike