Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: Computers in the classroom]

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 01:33:40PM -0400, Doug Loss wrote:
> > >    For that matter, if you could get IBM to sponsor SEUL, it might
> > > provide you with some good exposure.  (Of course, it might not, and I don't
> > > see that you are seeking sponsors, so please don't flame me.)
>
> This is a good question.  Are we seeking sponsors, either as SEUL/edu or as SEUL
> inn general?  Other than for attending trade shows, of course; we've established
> that we're happy to accept corporate sponsorship for those.

Seul in general is not seeking sponsors, at least not in the form of
monetary donations. We'd love to have sponsors in the form of donated
employees (similar to Eugene's role from Mandrake, and Lenz Grimmer's
role in linuxkb from Suse), because there's always work to be done and
it's especially useful to have contacts that are already connected to
distributions or other larger projects.

We wouldn't mind it if a company decided to fund a seul member to work on
a particular piece of code; but we don't want to officially be connected
to the deal.

We are also happy to have people pay to get us into trade shows and the
like, especially when they take care of the paperwork part as well.

We don't mind having places (corporate or not) link to us. In fact,
we like it. But we don't want to put up anything on our pages that says
we're looking for people to give us money. It's a matter of peoplepower,
not money, that we're missing.

--Roger