Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: Computers in the classroom]

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> > This is a good question.  Are we seeking sponsors, either as SEUL/edu or as SEUL
> > inn general?  Other than for attending trade shows, of course; we've established
> > that we're happy to accept corporate sponsorship for those.
>
> Seul in general is not seeking sponsors, at least not in the form of
> monetary donations.

What about full distros ( the 6 CD's , sources and all stuff )
for those poor GPL developers like me ?  :)

> We wouldn't mind it if a company decided to fund a seul member to work on
> a particular piece of code; but we don't want to officially be connected
> to the deal.

Why? The other part of Open Source movements are free developers and
I think Linux distros are not nasty things for them. Specially
when Red Hat distros prizes rockets, and dollar is so expensive.

I don't want to start a thread arguing about developers motivations,
but It's clear that the happier they're the more they produce.

> We are also happy to have people pay to get us into trade shows and the
> like, especially when they take care of the paperwork part as well.

> We don't mind having places (corporate or not) link to us.

This is surprising. Can you deny anyone to link to your page ????

>In fact,
> we like it. But we don't want to put up anything on our pages that says
> we're looking for people to give us money. It's a matter of peoplepower,
> not money, that we're missing.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
/pyttex.htm /cruo/cruolinux.htm ICQ:77697936 (sirve el ICQ para algo?)

  quark: The sound made by a well bred duck.