[seul-edu] Packaging apps for inclusion with distros

Here's a fun question.  We recently saw the announcement of kmLinux,
a distro targetted at schools in Germany, which included various
educational software packages (some associated with SEUL/edu!).
Eugene from Mandrake has indicated that they might consider
something similar, and I know the Debian-jr project is open to the
idea.

So, what applications do you think should be packaged for inclusion
in a distribution targetted at schools?  Choose anything you think
would be helpful to teachers and students, but give us reasons for
your choices.  You don't have to choose just (or indeed, any) things
from here on SEUL/edu if you don't want to.  Let's see if we can get
a good list of things that would be generally helpful for Linux in a
school setting.  (If this works out, I may try to do something
similar on the Kidsgames mailing-list for home use.)

Once we have this list we can look into what it will take to get
RPMs and DEBs of the software made.

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid