Re[2]: [seul-edu] Fw: Samba shares don't show in Networ k Neighborhood

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001 16:06:21 -0700  "Prevett, Larry" <Prevettl@cochise.cc.az.us> wrote:

> > Why don't my Samba Server shares show in the browse list on my
> > MS-Windows 98 clients?

  I had the same problem, but quite a while ago.  I dont remember
exactly how I fixed it, but if I remember right, I defined samba
as the wins server (wins is the protocol used for hostname
resolution in netbios).  You have to configure that in windows
(network properties).

  If I remember right, there is a text file about browsing that
comes with samba, try to read it !

  If you need more help, you can probably find it on the IRC
channel #LinuxHelp on irc.openprojects.net, or on the samba
mailing list.

  Good luck !

        Guillaume