Re: [seul-edu] ANNC: TuxMath general public alpha tarball available

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, William Kendrick wrote:
> Announcing "Tux, of Math Command," a new Open Source project from
> the Tux4Kids project (creators of "Tux Typing").

Just a bit of a note.  I have been using CVS snapshots of TuxMath since
LinuxWorld Expo, it has been runing great, with the one exception of being
a little TOO FAST on either Pentium III 733 workstations, or my 1GHz AMD
Athlon4 laptop.

We have started testing it at Corbett Elementary school.  It ran too fast
for a 2nd grade, Gifted and Talented education student, though the kids
love it anyway.

<snip>

> Current features include:
>
>   Four types of equation problems:   Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide

	With command line ability to pick between them, or random

>   Sound and Music
>   Cartoon-style graphics and animation
>   Progressing waves
>   Windowed or fullscreen display
>   Optional on-screen keypad (for touchscreens/touchpads)
>   Auto-play demonstration mode

			Harry

--
Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder