Re: [seul-edu] LWCE NY proposal deadline changed!

Jessica Sheffield wrote:

> The other option, of course, is to blow off the LWCEs as too industry-oriented
> and focus on smaller Linux conferences, education conferences, etc. The
> advantage, of course, is that we're much more likely to get in; the disadvantage
> is that they're nowhere near as high-profile.

To be honest, I think this may be our best bet.  LWCE is very much commercially
oriented; we don't really fit there, or reach the people we're looking for.
Besides, we're essentially preaching to the choir at these shows.  I think our
efforts would be much more useful at educational conferences like FETC, NCEITA,
etc.  After all, the people that attend _those_ sorts of conferences are the ones
who will make the decisions to adopt Linux in the schools, not the people we see at
the various LWCEs.

--
Doug Loss                 Always do right.  This
Data Network Coordinator  will gratify some people