Re: [seul-edu] ANNC: TuxMath general public alpha tarball available

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 08:21:25AM -0700, Harry McGregor wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, William Kendrick wrote:
> > Announcing "Tux, of Math Command," a new Open Source project from
> > the Tux4Kids project (creators of "Tux Typing").
>
> Just a bit of a note.  I have been using CVS snapshots of TuxMath since
> LinuxWorld Expo, it has been runing great, with the one exception of being
> a little TOO FAST on either Pentium III 733 workstations, or my 1GHz AMD
> Athlon4 laptop.

Interesting.  The current CVS (for a few days, actually) should be
throttling the game framerate down to 15fps.

Now, whether the comets are MOVING too fast per frame is another story.
(Just last night, though, I made their speed based on the current wave)

> We have started testing it at Corbett Elementary school.  It ran too fast
> for a 2nd grade, Gifted and Talented education student, though the kids
> love it anyway.

That's good.  Any feedback from the teachers, or did they get a chance
to see it yet?  (I remember you saying something about letting kids play
during lunch, so... :) )

Thanks!