Re: [seul-edu] Fwd: ideas

* SteelHead <bill@ries-knight.net> [010914 17:43]:
> I just got this call for assistance from Guatamala by way
> of helper@linuxhelpers.org.  If some of you can direct him
> to local or focused help, I think it will really make his
> day.
> Subject: ideas
> Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:09:27 -0500
> From: Estuardo Alpírez <ealpirez@intelnet.net.gt>
> To: <helper@linuxhelpers.org>
>

> I'm writing you because we are planning to start an
>  educational project in a school here in Guatemala.  We are
>  over the debate of Windows Vrs Linux for the computers and
>  servers.  Do you have any information that can help us to
>  make our mind?
>

> Estuardo Alpirez
> Guatemala

We are about to launch a Linux user's group in Belize.  We plan to
support anyone in Belize (especially educational institutions) who
wants to save up to 2/3 the cost of a network, between using LTSP
and free software.

Mr. Alpirez and others in Central America might want to watch our
progress at:

http://linux.bz/

We'll also be having some workshops beginning in a few months.

--
Jan Wilson, SysAdmin     _/*];          corocom@btl.net
Corozal Junior College   |  |:'  corozal.com corozal.bz