Non-profit information (was Re: [seul-edu] Official nonprofits for Linux in education?)

On Thursday 27 September 2001  9:20, Jennifer Dozar wrote:
> I am planning on starting one. I am still not sure how to go about making
> one. so mine doesn't exist yet :)

If you are anywhere in southern AZ (I know OSEF is, but this goes for anyone
on this list who's interrested) then you may want to consider taking some
courses from ASU's Non-Profit Management Institute:
http://www.asu.edu/xed/npmi/

They have a very knowledgable and experienced staff there, and some excellent
courses. It's thru ASU's extended campus in Phoenix.

If you are thinking of starting one up, I'd /highly/ recommend seeing if you
can find a non-profit start-up class in your area rather than trying to learn
how to do it on your own. I'd also recommend a mentorship program (people in
southern AZ can ask me OFF-LIST for some good contacts in this area ;-)

--
Sam "Criswell" Hart <criswell@geekcomix.com> AIM, Yahoo!: <criswell4069>
Homepage: < http://www.geekcomix.com/snh/ >