[seul-edu] Linux in Universities - Bloomsburg Univ (again)

As a member of BloomU's Math/CompSci/Stats Department, I'm injecting
linux into my courses when I can:

An experimental course in summer 2001 constructed a Beowulf cluster,
based on Linux.  The system is currently in the hands of our ACM student
chapter, no doubt doing interesting computations :-)

The ACM students also have an "LSIG" support group for people
using/interested in Linux.

I am currently running an "Advanced Networks" course (also experimental)
whose primary topics are network/system administration, and security
issues --- or "...whose primary topic is..." depending on your point of
view.  This course is using Linux (RH7.3) on a closed network for
hands-on experience.

I expect future networks and hardware org./arch. courses to use a
Linux-based lab network, depending on availability of suitable
simulation packages and the like.

If I ever get my hands on the Operating Systems course... I'll probably
implode from overwork.

-Bob Montante
  Department of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Statistics
  Bloomsburg University
  Bloomsburg, PA  17815
  570-389-4624
  bobmon@bloomu.edu, bobmon@acm.org