Re: [seul-edu] Edu programs relating to Chinese language

mba-candidate@myrealbox.com wrote:

> Question:
>
>         Is there any listing of edu-programs (preferably Open-Source) that are related to the Chinese language ?
>
>         What I mean is, the edu-programs can be about painting, math, science or whatever subjects, so long as they can display the Chinese characters (traditional and/or simplified) to accomodate the students whose mother tongue is the Chinese language.
>
>         Thanks in advance.

There are Hanzi Master <http://zakros.ucsd.edu/~arobert/hanzim.html> and Wo3 Hen3 Chan2 <http://wohenchan.sourceforge.net/>.  Both of these seem to be intended to teach Chinese rather than to teach other subjects _in_ Chinese.  As for the latter type of
programs, any programs written to the Linux i18n standards should be fairly easy to localize in Chinese.  Look at <http://www.li18nux.org/> for more information on that.  I don't know which programs in the SEUL/edu Educational Applications Index
<http://richtech.ca/seul/> that might apply to, but you ought to browse through the listings and investigate anything that is of interest to you.  In my experience, most software projects are quite willing to help and to be helped in extending the usefulness
of their programs.

--
How valuable is my contribution?
Share your feedback at Affero: