Re: X11 non open-source? (a solution?)

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, George Bonser wrote:

> To answer my own question:  Platinum members are:
>
> Digital Equipment Corporation
> Fujitsu Limited
> Hewlett-Packard Company
> IBM Corporation
> NCR Corporation
> Novell, Inc.
> Siemens Nixdorf Information Systems
> Sun Microsystems, Inc

And if I may continue talking to myself... associate sponsors are:

Bull Worldwide Information Systems
Silicon Graphics
SCO

Now, I ask you, is this right? "Open" group develops software that these
people can sell for a fortune.  They pay "membership" fees that are
prohibitive for most other people.

Look at what they own:

Unix
Motif
CDE

and now

X11

I have seen the enemy, and they are us.

We need to kill Open Group before we go after Microsoft.

Open Group is doing more than anyone else to hurt Unix and its
cousins.

George Bonser
Just be thankful that Microsoft does not manufacture pharmaceuticals.
http://www.debian.org

===
===