Re: Fwd: Re: X11 non open-source? (a solution?)

Þann 09-Apr-98 skrifar George Bonser:

> I think you are misunderstanding the license. Debian would never have to
> buy the commercial license because Debian does not sell Debian.  Now, if I
> personally wanted to sell Debian on CDROM, I would have to purchase the
> $7500 license even if I was selling it for only $3.

  It doesn't *have* to, but it could... and it could also make a deal to
pay only a partial license, due to exceptional circumstances.

> Basicly it puts CheapBytes and the like out of business if it was not for
> XFree86 to save the day.

  Ok, if XFree makes a deal with them, and that will work for the rest
than that saves the day.

> It basicly taxes the small-time distributors of CDROM's out of business.

  Well, they *are* making money on work, others have *given* away.

Orn Einar Hansen                         oe.hansen@oehansen.pp.se
                                          oehansen@daimi.aau.dk
                                        voice+fax; +46 035 217194
===