X11 non open-source?

Hi,

I'm sure all of you have heard what happened to X11R6.4.  I wrote an
E-mail about it to one of the Open Group head honchos, and got back a
pretty decent response.  What do you all think of this?  It apparently
won't be quite Open Source now, but still free for XFree86 to use.  It
still stinks, but maybe it's not *quite* as bad as some people think.

Does this mean Linux distribs will have to pay to include XFree86, or
does it only affect real commercial X servers?  Maybe I'll write him
back to ask if no one here knows.

Anyway, here's the message:

         Re: X11 non free???