Re: SEG announce?

> OK, I'll send in the  questionaire.  Is there anything special you'd
> like to ask concerning  computer/OS  knowledge  (beyond  the  common
> questions on what systems, etc. they have experience of) ?.
Not really.  If you want to delve somewhat into their computer knowledge, it
may be best to do it as 'Do you know what * is?', not 'What is *?'...  That
way we get a better feel for the knowledge level of each person in concrete
binary or trinary [1] (yes/no/maybe) terms.  That's suited better to analysis
and database storage than essay-style answers are.

> If you are going to announce SEUL, SEG info could be included.  BTW:
> don't   forget  we  still  have  SEG  population  biased  by  marine
> scientists.  I did send in posters to several other fora (humanistic
> and non-technically oriented) but response was nule.
I think it might be better if the announces are separate.  If SEG is folded
into SEUL, it may get lost in the other stuff.  Besides, SEG is broader in
it's goals, kinda.  SEG wants to find out what people want in general, SEUL
wants to create a distribution to fill that niche.  SEG, as it is defined
now, could (if we choose) be used by other groups, even if they're not
directly related to SEUL.  That's a major resource draw, however, so it's not
likely for anything but the very random question, but if we can structure SEG
with multiple copies of Aldo :) we might be able to do that.

> I'll send in the questionaire to seul-leaders for a check  before  I
> send it to SEG.
Cool.

[1]: ispell suggests 'urinary' as the only alternative.....

      Erik Walthinsen - SEUL Project infrastructure/system architecture
        __
       /  \           omega@sequent.com         Work: (503)578-5314
      |    | M E G A  omega@omegacs.net         Home: (503)281-4281
      _\  /_          psu12113@odin.cc.pdx.edu  Majoring in CS

       SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - creating a Linux distribution
     http://www.seul.org/            for the average home/office user

===
===