Filtering mail

I don't know how many of you are filtering your mail into separate boxes,
but if you are, here's some information that may be of use to you:

(Beware, these are lines from an MH .maildelivery file, not a procmail
config.  If you can convert them, please do, because we need to post this
info on the website.)

All the lists can be filtered with a single line:

sender owner-seul-project | ? "/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +seul/project"

Everyone on the -leaders list should have an account on cvs.seul.org.  If
you don't, you need to e-mail me ASAP with your preferred login (8char max)
and default forwarding address.

If are planning on using your @seul.org address (which is a good idea), you
can set up MH on cran to resend the mail to you with an extra couple
headers.  Do the following:

~/.forward:
|"/usr/lib/mh/slocal -user <you>"

~/.maildelivery:
default - | ? "/usr/lib/mh/rcvdist -form @seul <your real addr>"

~/Mail/@seul:

You can then filter your mail on the local end with:

resent-from <you>@seul.org | ? "/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +inbox/@seul"

It works well unless you're also on the seul@seul.org alias, but that's
another story, and I'm the only one (IIRC) on that alias that uses
filtering (which is surprising, really).

Again, if you know how to convert these to procmail, please do and e-mail
them to me.  If you are willing to write up a developer's FAQ on this
subject, let me know and start writing ASAP. ;-)

TTYL,
    Omega

     Erik Walthinsen <omega@seul.org> - SEUL Project system architect
        __
       /  \                SEUL: Simple End-User Linux -
      |    | M E G A            Creating a Linux distribution
      _\  /_                         for the home or office user

===
===