complexity and population

] From: Simon Waldman <swaldman@bigfoot.com>

] displayed. Part of the problem may have been that the complex
] infrastructure planned by Omega was not actually ready for the project,
] but all the same things don't seem to be moving.

IMO, things have been well thought/planned by Omega et al.  The main
problem, as I see it, is  that  further personnel is needed to carry
out all of the planned tasks.  There's  a  clear  positive  relation
between  complexity and number of guys working for the project.  You
cannt put someone on the moon with a 20 guy team :-)

Building up an infrastructure  takes  time.   Many of the coders, as
far as I know, have been aside for  a  while  developing  things  on
their  own  (install,  helpsystem,  other  distributions,  etc.) and
that's very good.

I would suggest to keep the same pace (the  one  you  can)  to  keep
building  up  the  needed  infrastructure.   This  is **not a race**
against the clock.  Wouldn't you agree  that much of the shit around
with OS's and programs is due to *that* very race against the  clock
?  Who dictates and is interested in such a race ?  :-)

Do we need more man-hours ?  Perhaps,  we do.  Can we try to recruit
buddies to share the job ?

Later,

    Aldo
FISH-ECOLOGY: the largest worldwide e-conference on  fish  research.
Strictly  academic.   Reach  >2400  scientists in over 60 countries.
Info/queries & feed-back to: <FISH-ECOLOGY-REQUEST@HELIOS.ULPGC.ES>.
Simple End User Linux (SEUL) Project: www.seul.org - Welcome to  the
SEUL Expert Group (SEG).           A distributed high tech endevour.

----
Aldo-Pier Solari <SolariS@CICEI.ULPGC.ES>, Fish.Res.Gr./ULP
Home-page:  http://www.ulpgc.es/usuarios/solaris/index.html
PGPKey ID: 0xFDD1FD36   --  IWillNotFailThoseWithWhomIServe
----
===
===