Re: Flame

On Sun, 25 Jan 1998 arma@seul.org wrote:

> >everything that Geroge is moving to his machine.  Why, I don't know.

SO that at some point I can freeze it.  I hate to have our devel tree
moving around on us while we are working on it.  If a debian package
changes, we need to check to see if we are also working on it before
adding it to into our tree.  In other words, new debian packages would go
from their release to our incoming or some machanism like that.  If I
mirrored directly we might have trouble if someone is working on xyz-1.2.3
and they go to put it up only to find that xyz is now at 1.2.4

> Flaming will not help, Rick. I asked George to lead the seul-dev-distrib
> group. He likes Debian, he's decided that we'll start from a Debian
> distribution, and he's picked one. When he's done setting it up he
> wants to call it SEUL 0.1. While I am hesitant at actually assigning
> it a SEUL version number, that's a very irrelevant detail. He can call
> it whatever he wants. I do not intend to announce it to the world as
> "the first version of SEUL". And he knows that.

Having SEUL appear on that boot disk I made was more novelty than anything
else.  I have NO intention of regarding 0.1 (maybe 0.0 would be better?)
as any kind of official release. It is nothing more than a basis.

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org

===
===