Re: Flame

arma@seul.org wrote:

I wish you had stepped in a little earlier.  Before I lost it and went
off.

I apologise for my attitude, but I was a the systems analyst and one of
the sysarch's on a multi-million dollar software project when I was in
military intelligence.  I worked on the project for a little under 6
years.  I know how to develop a good software product.  Part of my task
was to instruct the programmers on how to make the package idiot proof.
G.I. proof as we put it.

I can handle a little bit of wasting time on George's part, but it got
me furious when he told the guy he's doing it this way and that's it
because he has "larger issues".  The guy seemed to be leading up to
taking over the task of putting together a good initrd for the project
but George wouldn't hear of it.

I've seen him do this a dozen times this week.  If you show him he's
wrong he just stops responding to your email.  I've seen him do the same
thing in the Debian lists.

I'm used to putting together a blueprint of what we expect from the
software, assigning tasks in different areas, and going to work on it.
George seems to just want to slap a SEUL sticker on Debian with a better
install program.  He doesn't want to get input and he wants to handle
every part of the project.

I asked him 3 times to post what he is doing and wants to get done so we
could all get involved and he never responded to that point at all.
Then I find out he's working on the base install disks which he said we
didn't need to work on just a few days ago, not to mention Debian is
doing them, why should we duplicate their efforts when we could be doing
so much more in other areas.

Even if he wants to make a set, he could still act as the distro leader
and get volunteers to start working on other areas.  I started out
trying to drop himts to him, he didn't listen, I got a bit more bllunt,
still nothing, I've all out gone off on him and he still doesn't seem to
see what he's been doing.

If we can get some structure going and get the people in the lists
involved, and you still want me to handle the UI I will.  I'm not going
to deal with the twighlight zone any more.  I've worked on software with
a corporation a hell of a lot larger than MS and can't deal with closed
minded people that think they know what they're doing.  At least if the
guy would step down off his ill-gotten pedistal and listen to people,
with good ideas I might add, I could live with that.

But self proclaimed experts that know all and do all, I can't handle.

Have a good one.
===
===