Re: Comments please

Roger R Dingledine wrote:

<Big snip>

Exactly.  There's very little to respond to in Roger's post, since he
said everything I've been trying to say for the most part.  My initial
post was just a response to what I read in George's doc.  The way it was
worded makes us sound like we're really just working on Debian or a
clone thereof.  And the binary uploads, which I thought need to be
allowed.

Although the issue of security was completely evading me.  I was just
taking it for granted that we would trust anybody we allowed to be a
maintainer.  I guess that's not such a good idea.  Here I was in
Intelligence for 6 years, worked in TOP SECRET facilities the entire
time with armed MP's around at all times, and I've forgoten about
security.  Ehh.  Maybe it's a good sign.

Anyway.  My question is how do we know to trust a distro maintainer over
a maintainer in another section?  I mean is there some kind of protocol
I should post for maintainers in my section, should I ever get any =)

I think George and I were having two different conversations.  Maybe I
should hire somebody that's more articulate than I am, because I don't
seem to be able to put an understandable sentance together.

Night all =)

--
Out here,

Rick Jones