Re: time to get onboard

> Don't  know  what  you  coders   think  but  watching  at  the  RHAD
> developments (why have they left DEBIAN out of the game ?), it might
> be wise to get onboard b4 the train sets of ...
> Any thoughts ?
Yup.

I'm working on a proposal right now for a mailing list containing the leaders
of all the major existing and emerging distributions, plus major projects and
commercial enitites.  (http://www.omegacs.net/~omega/seul/list-prop)

This list would allow all existing parties to converse and finally figure out
what the heck is going on.  It seems to me that Debian and RHAD (and SEUL)
are competing to do the same thing, which is basically fragmenting the entire
community.  If I were to want to work on code, I'd have to first decide
which I thought was more likely to succeed.  A little research more, and I
might give up on the idea of coding altogether.

This draft will be sent to Bruce Perens a little later today, then hopefully
distributed around to the appropriate people by tomorrow.

Yes, I'm working on figuring this all out :-)

TTYL,
    Omega

     Erik Walthinsen <omega@seul.org> - SEUL Project system architect
        __
       /  \                SEUL: Simple End-User Linux -
      |    | M E G A            Creating a Linux distribution
      _\  /_                         for the home or office user

===
===