Re: Core

George Bonser wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Micah Yoder wrote:
>
> > George Bonser wrote:
>
> > Well, right...but I was under the impression that the core would be a
> > set of "layers" - the base core, development, networking, and X.  Makes
> > sense to me.
>
> Look for the c in core.  If it is upper case as in Core, that means the
> bare minimum Linux Core. If it is lower case like core, we are talking
> about the core of the SEUL distribution.

Please, don't start that mess again.  There was too much confusion over
that.  Omega, put out that it should be "Linux core".  We can shorten
that to "lcore" but it's just too darned easy to hit, or not hit, shift
when typing.  Besides we'd be putting that out every week once we start
taking on numbers of new sub's.

Can we agree on calling it "lcore or Lcore" if it's the "Linux core"
we're talking about instead of the SEUL core?

--
Out here,

Rick Jones
rickya@siservices.net