Re: time to get onboard

Aldo Solari [APS] wrote:

> Don't  know  what  you  coders   think  but  watching  at  the  RHAD
> developments (why have they left DEBIAN out of the game ?), it might
> be wise to get onboard b4 the train sets of ...
>
> Any thoughts ?

Well....it certainly brings up an interesting situation.

On one hand, there's LOTS to do, and the more people to do it the
better, as long as we're somewhat coordinated.  And we can swipte the
RedHat/GNOME GUI for our own use, which I immagine we'll be doing.

On the other hand, if there are two distributions vying to become the
"ultimate" operating system, it might give Linux a bad name.

Also remember that RedHat has no incentive to provide free things like
office suites - after all, they sell ApplixWare.  So if we can put
together a good set of usefull office apps, we'll have an advantage.

Overall, I think it's a Good Thing.....as long as we be careful, and
cooperate whenever we can.
--
"win95 n. 32 bit extensions for a 16 bit
patch to an 8 bit operating system originally